Nice share Matt Renwick that few steps about the principal can follow. Identify about the purpose and the target for some steps can be changed into eficienly and efectively if the formal and unformal meeting be a rutinity beside
- Always try to find a happy medium when working with staff and families regarding complex problems.
- Announce all of your classroom visits and observations. That way teachers will have a heads up when you are coming and will be better prepared for instruction.
- In your newsletters to families, avoid writing about topics beyond appopriate clothing for the seasons, upcoming school events, and generic forms of praise.
- Don’t ever veer from the student handbook regarding attendance and student discipline, regardless of the circumstances or context.
- Allow faculty issues to fester until it comes to head, and then swoop in to solve it for them.
- Avoid the staff lounge for fear of catching unpleasant remarks about you or your performance as a principal.
- Make no moves forward right away with an initiative to allow all staff members to feel more comfortable with the possibility of change.
- Attend every teacher/team meeting and take copious notes. This…
View original post 95 more words